means The Sunshine Foundation, a registered charity.
means the General Data Protection Regulation.
means Yvonne Gabriel
Register of Systems
means a register of all systems or contexts in which personal data is processed by the Charity.
The Charity is committed to processing data in accordance with itsresponsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures."
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the Charity.
- The Responsible Person shall take responsibility for the Charity's ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
- The Charity shall register with the Information Commissioner's Office as an organisation that processes personal data.
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, the Charity shall maintain a Register of Systems.
- The Register of Systems shall be reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the charity shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
- All data processed by the charity must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests
- The Charity shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in the Charity's systems.
- The Charity shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, the Charity shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
- The Charity shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental orunlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or accessto, personal data, the Charity shall promptly assess the risk to people'srights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO.
Preservation of your privacy is importantto The Sunshine Foundation and we are committed to letting you know how we useyour personal information and to making only responsible use of your data.
1.Information about you
1.1 We will collect personal information from you when you register as amember with us or provide us with your details at our events or on our website.This may include your name, title, email address, physical address, telephonenumbers and job title. We may also askfor some additional, non-personal information.
2.Our use of this information
2.1 Your personal information will only be used to provide you withinformation relating to our charity, sponsors or other related organisations
2.2 we will not share your information with any third parties.
3.1 We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse oralteration of information you give us.
3.2 Communicationsin connection with this charity may be sent by e-mail. For ease of use andcompatibility, communications (other than payments where applicable) will notbe sent in an encrypted form unless you require it and provide thecertification to enable us to communicate with you in that way. E-mail unlessencrypted is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communicationsprotected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot bearresponsibility for all communications being virus-free.
5.1 If you would like us to correct or update any information, or if youwould like information deleted from our records, then please email us at email@example.com
5.3 Links within our sites to other websites are not covered by this privacypolicy.